Interpretation of the chest x ray.

I am needing some help interpreting a CXR. I have never really mastered interpreting xrays and want to make sure I don't miss anything. This is for a case study. Thanks in advance for your help!

Category: Radiologist

Expert:  Dr. Rohit Malik replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your consult at DoctorSpring.com.

Please help me with the history of the patient -
1) clinical history of this patient, dyspnoea , smoker
2) is she in the ICU & bed ridden
3) Fever
4) Total WBC count

Look forward to your reply.

Unfortunately, I was not given any other info. I was asked to look at this by a fellow clinician. She was only provided with the X-ray and asked to interpret it. I am assuming that the patient is in the ICU. It looks like she is intubated. Thank you for your quick response! Look forward to hearing back from you.

Expert:  Dr. Rohit Malik replied 3 Days.

Hello ,
These are the readings of the chest X-Ray.

Chest X-Ray shows haziness in the right lower zone. Haziness is also present in the left parahilar region and partly in the lower zone. Most common cause would be to rule out aspiration pneumonia in an ICU patient.
Endotracheal tube is seen in situ within the trachea.

This patient requires Chest physiotherapy with aid in dependent drainage & ventilatory support after checking the O2 saturation and Arterial Blood Gas.

I hope this has helped.
Thankyou

Dr. Rohit Malik
Residency, Fellowship: DNB, DMRD, DMRE, Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program, Seth G.S. Medical College & KEM Hospital, 1997 – 2001

Medical School: MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Lokmanya TIlak Muncipal Medical College, 1991 – 1997