Irregular heartbeats, sleeping patterns with heat in legs.

Irregular heart beats and sleeping patterns. A sensation of heat atvthe legs when lying down. A feel of discomfort at tge colon most of the time.

Can you elaborate more on ' A feel of discomfort at the colon '?
Your both symptoms of irregular heartbeat as well as heat sensation needs further evaluation. I would recommend you follow-up with me with an ECG and a 2D-Echo, as well as get your vitamin b 12 levels checked. The heat sensation mostly arises due to nerve related issues, that is a result of cobalamin deficiency. So please get these tests done and share the reports with me.

Dear Dr. Deepu,
The Lab results showed the following:

• Vitamin B 12 210 pg/ml
  • Vitamin D 15.7 ng/ml

Vitals:
  • BP 110/70
  • Heart Beat 60-65 bpm

Still working on the ECG and the 2D Echo.
Kindly advise what next steps should be taken.

Good day,
Mohamed Abbaro

Can you kindly upload the reports or put up the reference ranges because it varies across laboratories.

Dr. Deepu,
I found it hard to upload the files. Tried several browsers. Finally I managed to upload them on dropbox and the link is below:

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajz1u3tt3c88u50/abaru%2001.jpg?dl=0 (JPEG file)
  • https://www.dropbox.com/s/a28cax92t1sn0dp/MOHAMED%20SAMIR%20AA%20ABARU.pdf?dl=0 (PDF file)

Incase you could not open the files I have written the ranges here:
  • Vitamin B 12 210 pg/ml 187 pg/ml - 883 pg/ml
  • Vitamin D 15.7 ng/ml (Deficient < 20ng/ml Insufficient 20-29ng/ml Sufficient 30-100ng/ml Potential Toxcity > 100ng/ml )toxic

Even though the vitamin b 12 is within normal range, you should still start taking vitamin b12 supplementation since it is towards the lower limit, and can cause the crawling or the heat sensation.
Is there any cause of recent anxiety?
Your vitamin d levels are low, and you should consult an orthopaedician. He may start you on vitamin d supplements after checking for the movements and a physical exxamination.

My father, a senior dermatologist, was seriously ill, with RCC and passed away last may. That kept me tense and fearing that moment since they discovered the disease back in 2005.
I don't expose myself enough to the sun, this is the situation for most of the residents of the Gulf countries in the arabian peninsula. Could that be a cause for viatmin D deficiency?

regards,
Mohamed

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 1 Day.

I am sorry for your loss and for what you had to go through.
Yes, non exposure to sun is the commonest cause of vitamin d deficiency.
And it is getting extremely common nowadays.
Kindly consult a local orthopaedic surgeon or internal medicine specialist who can prescribe you vitamin d supplements.