Is there THORACIC NERVE ROOT COMPRESSION in my XRAY?

I am a 37 year old healthy male.

I visited a chiropractor because of a stiff back, which occasionally happens every few months and I find great relief after an adjustment.

He told me I needed x-rays, which surprised me.
Based on the attached X-ray of my neck he took he said that there is evidence of thoracic-dorsal nerve compression or disc degeneration on the T5 vertabrae, do you agree? I'm afraid it could be a scam as he is not an MD or PhD.
He also stated there was evidence of a bone growth (spur).
He said based on the state of my neck vertebrae I will likely start experiencing tingling fingers and radiation of pain down my arms.

I am asking for a second opinion. He wants me to sign up for all these treatments and I am not in significant pain, I just had a minor ache between my shoulder blades. He states this pain has its origin in a compressed nerve near T5 disc but my body tells me its really due to a sore back.

Kind Regards,

S

Category: Orthopedic Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 4 Days.

Hello. Thank you for choosing DoctorSpring.com.
Your consult has been reviewed and due to its specific nature, we have requested for an Orthopedic's opinion. Hence we have upgraded your consult FREE to a 35$ specialist consult. As a result there might be further delay as the MD will need to review your case.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Wish you good health! Thank you. In-house Physician, The DoctorSpring Team.

Is anyone going to respond?

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 3 Days.

Firstly we will sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. This is a one-off case.
However we are here to help you now.
I gave gone through the X Rays you sent me it looks normal and there is nothing wrong in the cervical spine region. However i am surprised he mentioned about T5 vertebra, because you can never see T5 vertebra in a neck x-ray. May be he mentioned C5? The thing about disc degeneration is it normally starts around 45-50 years of age, and is not really a disease. It can start earlier in some cases, and most people have some pain which is well controlled with chiropractor and NSAIDs.
I will ask you to get an X-RAY of your THORACIC SPINE AND LUMBO-SACRAL SPINE for ruling out similar problems in these vertebra, since the pain is in the back and not in the neck. I will like to get additional history from you. Since how long have you been having this back pain? Do you have any other associated neck pain? I really can't comment on T5 vertebra seeing just your neck x ray and also evidences of disc degeneration and nerve compression is picked up properly only in a MRI and not an X-RAY.
From the x ray that you sent, there are definitely no features of any new bone formation, however some features of early spondylosis.
Did you have any neck symptoms? Otherwise ordering a neck cervical spine x ray does not really make sense in your case.

Dr. Mukesh Tiwari
Fellowship - Khandaka Hospital, Jaipur
Residency - MS, Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur, 2000
Medical School, Internship - MBBS, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, 1995