Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.
1. Since when is he having this symptom?
2. Is the pain in the upper or lower abdomen?
3. Does the pain wake him up from sleep?
4. Is there any weight loss?
5. Any tests done so far?
Patient replied :
1) All summer-maybe before. He was away at school
3) I don't believe so.
4) Yes, 10 lbs according to him.
5) H-Pylori is the only one I know for sure. They have not scoped him or done any imaging.
Thanks for the additional information.
Upper abdomen is the area where the stomach, pancreas, liver and the gallbladder are situated.
Any issues related to these organs can cause abdominal pain.
Since you have mentioned that he has weight loss also, issues related to stomach , pancreas and small bowel should be looked in to and I would suggest you to get an upper GI endoscopy and a CT scan of the abdomen which will provide a clue about what has gone wrong.
Discuss with his doctor about getting these tests done.
Let me know if you have any more questions.