Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Irritation in penis head with burning sensation on urinating.

Resolved Question:

So I had sexual intercourse two weeks ago without protection. I had a slight irritation on the head and under the rim of the penis. Also a slight burn when I would pee. I went to the doctor and they ask me a couple of questions, gave me a shot on the behind and proscribed me with antibiotics. They didn't not look at my penis at all, must be because I didn't have any insurance. So I don't want to go back in there and get charged again. Please help.

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
 18 Doctors Online


Thanks for posting your query at
I can understand your concern. I reviewed the pictures.

Right now i could just appreciate slight redness on the rim of the glans.

What are your symptoms now?

What was the prescribed antibiotic?

I would recommend application of cortisone cream mixed with clotrimazole cream twice a day to take care of the redness.

If you are still getting burning while urinating you will need to take an antibiotic specifically for that.

It's advisable to have lot of water and citrus fruits.


Patient replied :

The doctor gave me doxycycline hyclate, I don't have the irritation or feel the burn anymore but once in a while. It will come back. The medicine does make me throw up in the mornings.


Thanks for your reply.

In case you don't have any symptoms now, you could continue with fluid intake and vitamin c intake in the form of citrus fruits.

In case you are throwing up with the medicine you will need to go back to the doctor n let him prescribe a substitute for you.

If the burning comes back you could request your doctor for norfloxacin as the antibiotic.

Take care

Patient replied :

I still have a irrational/ redness on penis, how can I fix that. I bought anti fungal cream.


Thanks for posting your reply.

You can mix clotrimazole and cortisone cream twice a day for a week n see if that helps.

I would recommend that you visit a dermatologist who can examine you thoroughly and treat it accordingly.

Take care

Patient replied :

So I had intercourse on the 15th of last month. And what I'm thinking is I've gotten a thrust from the girl. So I've been taking the anti Fungi cream and it's been clearing up. But I've been taking hot showers and got a cold & a slight fever. I got test for HIV a week after sex, came out negitive. I looked up the synthomes and I'm paranoid. Also I have a yellow blister in mouth.

The yellow blister could be due to a bacterial infection.
HIV test ideally should be taken at the end of 4 weeks of unprotected intercourse, for conclusive results.
Please relax. You can share an image of the blister.

Dr. Kalpana Pathak
Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
M.D. from Pt. B D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak in 2011 with Haryana State Dental & Medical Council
M.B.B.S from MLN medical college allahabad in 2006 with Uttar Pradesh Medical Council
Dr. Kalpana Pathak and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news