Is PEP HIV treatment warranted after 72hour window?

This passed Sunday I had a sexual encounter with a man. He said his hiv status was negative but I am unable to confirm that.

He preformed oral sex on me till I ejaculated. I preformed oral sex on him for no longer that 30 seconds. He did not ejaculate as far as I could tell. We did nothing else of risk whatsoever.

I am just outside of the 72 hour windows, would any PEP treatment be warranted?

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

Thanks for your query at DoctorSpring.com
I understand your concern
Effectiveness of PEP decreases substantially after 72 hours. Because, you had oral sex you have minimal chances of getting infected with HIV. But you need to confirm your HIV status as soon as possible.
Hope this was helpful
Feel free to ask further

Thank you, I guess my next question is how concerned should I be. How are my odds are there any documented cases of someone acquiring hiv through oral sex?

There is no reason to worry. I asked you to get the test done because a lot of patients suffer from constant anxiety and hence seeing conclusive result is better.
Till the ejaculate comes in contact with some open lesion in the mouth, there is no way HIV can be spread through oral sex. As it is the chances are extremely low. And also there are no such documented cases or I have never come across such a case till now in my clinical practice.
So do not worry.

Thanks Doctor. Your absolutely right anxiety is what is getting the better of me here. I am extremely careful in the sense that I am always aware of my partners sexual background, which is why I'm essentially beating myself up here.
The only other thing I can possibly add (last question) is that I sometimes suffer from sensitive/bleeding gums, which is not constant or severe in anyway. I just hope that a condition like that will not play a factor?

No it won't provided you did not have any open lesion in your mouth.
The point is even if you did the chance of such transmission is only 0.5- 1% from such an exposure ( theoretically ).
Such a case has not been documented though.

Thanks again doctor, I have one more follow up question. I came across this previous response you have another individual, it seems to contradict what you told me. Have there been documented cases of this kind of transmission? This previous answer also gives saliva as a transmission route. Below is the article, just wanted to clear this up.

http://www.doctorspring.com/question-mobile/unprotected-oral-sex-and-concern-about-hiv-transmission

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 1 Day.

In the article if you see the patient mentioned he has a lot of bruises from itching. Scrotal itching can very easily erode the skin leading to an open mucosal lesion.
Now in this case the chances of HIV transmission through oral sex will be slightly higher ( may be 0.5-1 % ) but not more than that.
There has been no such reported cases. Please do not worry.
Just for your reference, there is only one way HIV can be transmitted through oral sex. If the partner ejaculates inside the mouth, and there happens to be an open lesion in the mouth, the chances are higher. Ejaculate contains enough viral load which when comes in contact with the open lesion can spread the infection.
So please do not worry.