Is there a 4th GENERATION HIV TEST to confirm HIV?

Hello. On 02/14/2015 this year I was having protected sex and when my friend came, he came in t condom. Problem is when he was pulling out the condom, slipped off. Now I saw the semen contained but I do not know if any got out. So I told me I was gonna get checked. He stood my his tory but I know.

So I went to the doctors a week later and all test were neg., HIV included. Now I know you have to wait 6 weeks to get tested for HIV again. I found out that there is a 4th generation HIV test, so I took on at the local hospital. It was a rapid test I took 20 days after the incident. The nurse stated that I was "looking forward " from then on. That test looks for the p24 antigen and antibodies. I was negative. that eased my mind a bit but I took another test (6 week rapid test) at the 6 week mark, told the person who gave the test that I already took the 4th generation test and she said that's a good sign. I tested negative. I don't know why I have this anxiety. She told me to come back in 6 weeks for a follow up test.

Now the problem I have is that every professional tells me something different. The 4th generation test is the most current rapid test. More current then the 6 week rapid test.

Can you tell me if it's necessary for me to go back and get a follow up test?

Thanks for your query at DoctorSpring.com
I understand your concern
First of all I would like to tell you that you need not worry as your rapid test and 4 rth generation test both are negative. Further testing is needed only for confirmation at 12 weeks
4 r th generation test looks at both antigen and antibody. This should detect anigen/ antibody as early as 10 days of infection.
Rapid tests are antibody tests which are positive around 6 to 10 weeks. In your case it is negative. You can confirm the results with repeat rapid test at 12 weeks mark.
Hope it helps
Feel free to discuss further