Is there any damage to my nose  or lungs because of those fumes?

Dear Doctor. Last night I was in a remote place. Unfortunately, my neighbours met with an accident. Actually, the house was on fire. There was some flame that came from somewhere, and ignited the leaves and the household. Myself, along with my family members rushed to the spot, which is exactly 3 feet away from my house. We tried to rescue the persons in the house. I entered the house and tried to save a kid. When I came out one of my hand got hurt. There’s a lot of plastic stuff in their house, which eventually was on fire. Now my problem is from the past few hours.,I'm suffering from nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Is this all because of the fire and the fumes that came out during that accident? Is there any damage to my nose or lungs because of those fumes? Also I feel very weak from last night. Please suggest me some help in my case.

Hello. Thanks for posting your query here.

I appreciate your effort in helping others when they are in trouble. But I'm sorry for the condition you're in now because of that incident.

In the event of fire accident in houses, there is lot of carbon monoxide emitted in the fumes. Usually when a house is on fire the sofa sets, and all the plastic stuff in the house are burnt. During this process, there is a lot of CO that is being emitted from the plastic stuff. This carbon monoxide, which is a toxic gas, when inhaled in large proportions causes some respiratory symptoms along with some neurological symptoms. The symptoms may range from simple headache, nausea, confusion to severe neurological issue such as loss of memory, confusion, depression.

The symptoms are usually immediate and require treatment with oxygen. Patients who become conscious upon breathing carbon monoxide gas require immediate attention with cardiopulmonary resuscitation. In your case as there is definitive timelag, the chances of you getting in the complications are rare. However, for further evaluation, I recommend you to consult a physician or a pulmonologist.