Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any damage to my nose  or lungs because of those fumes?

Resolved Question:

Dear Doctor. Last night I was in a remote place. Unfortunately, my neighbours met with an accident. Actually, the house was on fire. There was some flame that came from somewhere, and ignited the leaves and the household. Myself, along with my family members rushed to the spot, which is exactly 3 feet away from my house. We tried to rescue the persons in the house. I entered the house and tried to save a kid. When I came out one of my hand got hurt. There’s a lot of plastic stuff in their house, which eventually was on fire. Now my problem is from the past few hours.,I'm suffering from nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Is this all because of the fire and the fumes that came out during that accident? Is there any damage to my nose or lungs because of those fumes? Also I feel very weak from last night. Please suggest me some help in my case.


Category: Sexologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
Dr. John Monheit is online now

Expert:  Dr. John Monheit replied 4 Days.

Hello. Thanks for posting your query here.

I appreciate your effort in helping others when they are in trouble. But I'm sorry for the condition you're in now because of that incident.

In the event of fire accident in houses, there is lot of carbon monoxide emitted in the fumes. Usually when a house is on fire the sofa sets, and all the plastic stuff in the house are burnt. During this process, there is a lot of CO that is being emitted from the plastic stuff. This carbon monoxide, which is a toxic gas, when inhaled in large proportions causes some respiratory symptoms along with some neurological symptoms. The symptoms may range from simple headache, nausea, confusion to severe neurological issue such as loss of memory, confusion, depression.

The symptoms are usually immediate and require treatment with oxygen. Patients who become conscious upon breathing carbon monoxide gas require immediate attention with cardiopulmonary resuscitation. In your case as there is definitive timelag, the chances of you getting in the complications are rare. However, for further evaluation, I recommend you to consult a physician or a pulmonologist.

Hope this helps.


Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Experience: 
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.



Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ


48000+ consults
in 2015


98.1% Satisfied
users


MEDNET Board,
100% Satisfaction
guarantee

How it works


  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News

News

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x


Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.