Is there food restriction for NONSPECIFIC ULCER-SIGMOID COLON?

Order ID: 118819

Dear Sir,
As described previously i have indigestion problem. I have to pass the stool three to four times in the morning and 2-3 times in the day time after that. Morning problem is major. I dont feel fresh at any time.

I have taken the medicines as advised earlier without fail up to 4 weeks.Acidity problem is no more and After taking medicines in the day time i feel comfortable but during morning time the problem was same.
After that i feel some pain when i pass the stool. so i decided to go to the nearby hospital i.e. Apollo Hospital in bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
I went there and consulted with the doctor. He advised me to go for sigmoidoscopy. During sigmoidoscopy he also took the sample for biopsy.
I got the report of biopsy and in that report it is written that i have NONSPECIFIC ULCER-SIGMOID COLON.
I have taken the medicines as prescribed by the doctor ( One is Normaxin, 3 times a day in empty stomach and other is Rifagut 400 mg twice a day) but i dont feel so much relax or i can say the problem is same. He dint describe about the disease to me.
i have attached the report for your reference.
Please provide the complete details regarding disease, medication and restriction in food also.

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

Thanks for getting back to me again with more questions.
As said during the earlier conversation, you have symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease and a probable irritable bowel syndrome.
The Sompraz-L which you took probably gave relief from the reflux issue. But you still have the bowel issues.
I went through your sigmoidscopy and biopsy report. They are not showing anything significant.
If the symptoms of increased bowel movements persists, then you need to get a stool test done and have a full length colonoscopy.
You also need to get tested for celiac disease. Thyroid issues should also be ruled out.
Meanwhile you can continue taking Librax once at night and Ibset once in the morning.
Hope this helps, would be glad to answer any queries.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University