Itch on penis, redness not helped by FLUCINAZOLE, KETOCONAZOLE.

I took an antibiotic two weeks ago and an itch began on my penis with some white thing that looked like sperm. I had this once before, again when I started to take an antibiotic. For the symptons, I thought it was candidiasis. The first time it stopped by itself, but this time no. I used a Ketoconazole "cream" and the white stuff stopped, but not the redness irritation. Then I took Fluconazole in 150mg pills thinking maybe it a more strong remedy was needed, but the redness didn't stopped and only growed. What could it be and what should I do?

Category: Urologist

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

So from the history you have given, the most probable diagnosis seems to be fungal infection. I want to have a look at the pic of your glans.
Edit - The Doctor missed to review the pictures you have already shared. I the in-house physician has intimated the Doctor for the same, you should be getting an updated reply very soon.

Please feel free to discuss further,
Dr. Rajiv Goel

I'm still waiting for the updated reply.

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 3 Days.

It is possible that you have fixed drug reaction. You have developed this in response to intake of antibiotic rather than infection.
You should see your doctor and apply steroid cream under his care and you shall improve.

Sincerely
Rajiv Goel

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998