itching,burning around vagina/pelvic area

i am 47yrs old unmarried (but in relationship) female from chandigarh.i am facing problems of pre menopause since almost 1yr.from 3-4 mnths i have periods for 20-25 days.this month having heavy bleeding.other problems i am facing sleepless nights and can't able to wake up in the morning,itching,burning around vagina/pelvic area the moment i go to my bed in night.

Thank you for using Ask a Doctor Service from Doctor Spring.

I can understand your problem. You might be having a problem in uterus called fibroid or local lesion in the vulva , vagina and cervix . you must get appointment with a Gynaecologist, where the doctor will be able to examine your genitals and find out the underlying problem causing heavy bleeding. The physician might also ask for a ultrasound abdomen to rule out fibroid in the uterus. I would also recommend you to go for a PAP smear. This can rule out any cervical lesion causing itching and burning sensation around the vagina.