Itchy painless blisters on both ears.

My 7 year old son just developed these blisters on his ears today (in almost the same place on both ears though one is bigger than the other) - we are on vacation in the South of France. Not sunburn as he hasn't been at the beach, etc. and it has been raining. He says that they don't hurt but are mildly itchy. I'd be grateful for any insights.

thanks so much,
Michelle

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern.

This seems to be a bacterial infection, as I can see a pus filled lesion with lots of redness on the ear around it.

I would recommend a course of oral antibiotics for him. An antibiotic like erythromycin would be helpful. Also application of mupirocin cream twice a day for two weeks would help resolve the lesion.

It would be important to give him a course of oral antibiotics, or else there would be swelling in the surrounding area and a lot of pain too.