Itchy raised rash on arms which clears away.

Hi Doctor,

Quick question for you. I've recently developed a situation where once or twice a day, seemingly ar random, I get a small rash, usually on the arms but sometimes on the upper thigh. It's just slightly itchy and usually it's small raised bumps. It clears up in 10 min or less. What could this be?

Thank you for your consult at DoctorSpring.com.

This is most likely urticaria called papular urticaria. You can apply cortisone cream twice a day when it occurs.

That should help to resolve the rash.
I hope it helps, please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks for the reply. What else could it be? Also the rash only happens for 10 min. Do I just apply when it happens and for how long?

It is unlikely to be anything else. A transient rash, which disappears within minutes to within 24 hours of appearance is classical of urticaria. I can help to give you all possible diagnoses if I can see the current rash. Could you please send me a recent picture of the rash?
You need to apply the cream when the rash comes and leave it on but the cream shouldn't be applied more than twice a day.

Thank you doctor and sorry for the delayed reply. attached are the images. this lasted for about 5 - 10 min. looking forward to the possible diagnoses.

You seem to be having urticaria which follows a typical history of rash coming n going on its own.

You need to take antihistamine like Allegra once a day for two weeks n see it helps with the recurrence.