A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Operated TORSIONED testis, normal sperm count. Can I have baby?

Resolved Question:

Dear Doctor%2C Greetings%2C I am from India and 42 years old. I have only one testicles as the other one was operated for Torsioned testis in 1994. I got married nine years back. I lost my first kid before two years back. %28just three months born%29. After that incident%2C I lost interest in sex and in the life. I am now trying for a baby. My sperm count recently shows %3C10 millions. Will I be able to impregnate my wife%3F Currently%2C I am taking Andriol 100 mg and Fertiflax 1000 mg. Please guide me. With regards%2C

Category: Sexologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexologist
Dr. Srikanth Reddy is online now

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way.
1. What is your current sexual frequency?
2. Do you have sadness of mood, reduced interest in work, hopelessness, worthlessness, reduced pleasure, self harm ideas or anything of this sort?
3. What happens when you plan to have sex?
Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.
Regards and wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Patient replied :

Dear Doctor,
I will have atleast five to eight times sex in a month.
Sometime I have reduced interest in sex. Sometimes it is at the peak level.
During the intercourse days, I won't show any interest. I won't get errectio too.
When I am in quarrel with my wife, my mood gets tossed up.
I don't have any problems workwise.
I have consulted a Sexologist in Apollo, Chennai for loss of interest in the sex. He had prescribed me Andriol 100 mg and U-DeZire for intercourse.
Please guide me how to overcome this problem.
N Sundar

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 3 Days.

Thanks for the details.
For proper sexual function to develop, one needs proper functioning and coordination of the genitals and the state of mind. If there is any problem with the state of mind, then erectile dysfunction develops. We need to correct your depresssion first before we focus on erectile dysfunction per se.
Depression can occur with regular stress and it can also occur biologically without any stress as well. You need proper treatment for the same. There are various effective therapies for depression like fluoxetine, venlafaxine, bupropion, mirtazapine or escitalopram and they are all very effective and mostly safe. You may also require some benzodiazepines like clonazepam or lorazepam for a short period like 2-3 weeks to reduce the anxiety and help with your sleep.
If you are averse to the drug therapies then there is also an option of cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy is taken by either a psychologist or a psychiatrist in which the therapist identifies impaired cognitions (Thoughts) and try to correct them. They are 15-20 min weekly session and there should be around 8-10 sessions to help you with your illness.
Further for erectile dysfunction you may still continue the medicines Andriol 100 mg and U-DeZire regularly as advised. Ten million is definitely a lower score but the pregnancy is still possible. However the sexula frequency is also very low. You need to increase to atleast 15-18 times per month and more frequently on the fertile days.
There are options of artificial insemination available, but then you can try for a year and see. believe me, it can succeed.
Hope this helps,
In case you need any help, let me know.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Category: Sexologist
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.