Keratolysia Exfoliativa.

Hi, do I have the symptoms of an STD? I am a gay man and I recently had unprotected anal sex with another gay man. I penetrated and he received. Weeks later I developed a rash on my whole body except private areas. It went away in 3 days however, my hands are now peeling severely. Only on m fingers, not my palms. I am nervous. I was going to take an HIV and other std test but the place was closed today. Does it sound like an std ?

Thanks for posting your query.

From the picture, I can just appreciate the peeling of skin which is known as keratolysia exfoliativa. It's a benign condition which is usually seen due to extreme dry weather usually.

It's not a sign of std. Since there is only peeling of skin , I would recommend that application of a moisturizing cream over the peeling of skin would help it.

The rash you may have had could have been viral rash that you may have got, as peeling of skin is common after that.

In std the lesions should have been on the genital area.

However, in hiv there could be a rash during seroconversion which can a few weeks later after sexual exposure. With that in mind I would recommend that you get a baseline test for hiv done which is called p24 antigen assay.

Hope my suggestions were helpful.