Unprotected sex and scared of pregnancy

Please type your questions here. You can choose the specialty and upload reports in next step...

Thank you for using DoctorSpring services.

Your consult appears blank. Please add relevant medical history and queries as a followup question.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Hi
I am 19 and I had unprotected sex on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th of August. The last few days I have been feeling sick, bloated, cramps before I usually get them, pressure in my lower abdomen, dizziness, increased wind, tired all the time, emotional and my breast feel heavy. I have taken multiple home pregnancy tests but all are negative. I just don't feel right so I went to the doctor and had a blood test yesterday, the 15th, and it was negative. I think I may have tested too early but I am going crazy waiting. My period is due on the 24th of August. I just want to know if I could still be pregnant or not

These symptoms could be related to early pregnancy, but these are NOT specific signs. That means stress, anxiety or hormonal imbalance can cause these symptoms. But since you had unprotected sex, there is a chance that you could be pregnant.

Since you had the last sexual intercourse on 8th of August, it is bit early for the urine pregnancy test. You need to wait at least a minimum of 12 days from the last sexual intercourse for the test to come out correct. So I recommend a repeat test by 21st of August. Alternatively you can wait till your next period that is on 24th August. If you miss the period / if the periods are delayed you can go for the test.

There is no reason to worry. In case If there is pregnancy it will detected very early so that appropriate measures (which are simple and risk free) can be take depending on the decision to continue or not continue with the pregnancy.

Always practice safe sex. (Condoms that is !)
Please feel free to ask followup questions.

Thank you. So if I take a blood test on Tuesday, how accurate will that be? I also had some brown bleeding last night. It was only a small amount. Could that be implantation bleeding?

If you take a blood test / Urine test by 21st you can be reasonably sure. (Say a 80% probability to get an accurate result). But if the test is negative you will need to repeat the test after a week. This is because various test methods has different sensitivity. Also on exceptional cases the implantation can be delayed.

The best option would be to -Wait till your next period, see whether it is skipped, and if go for a Urine Test (simpler and can be done at home ).

The brown bleeding could be implantation bleeding.