Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Less growth and slightly enlarged breasts

Resolved Question:

I am a 26 year old male.

I want to know if I have a hormone imbalance or testosterone deficiency because my level of growth is very less compared to an average 26 year old and I have slightly enlarged breasts.

Category: Endocrinologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Diabetologist
 24 Doctors Online


Thank you for choosing DoctorSpring.

I would like to know some additional information from you so that I can give you a better opinion.

1. What is your height, weight ?
2. Do you get early morning erections?
3. Are you sexually active ?
4. Can you please explain what specifically do you mean when you say level of growth ?

You can reply as a followup
Thank you

Patient replied :

Dear Doctor,

I don't have a history of diabetes, allergies,surgeries or hypertension.

I smoke approximately 5 -7 cigarretes a day. I do not consume alcohol on a daily basis.

1. My height is 5ft 4inches and my weight is 66kgs.

2. I do get early morning erections ocasionally.

3. I am sexually active however i ejaculate prematurely.

4. I have a small body frame and although I've gone to the gym for approx. 3 months I was finding it difficult to build muscles and stamina. I have very less facial hair and I have enlarged breasts and I am usually mistaken for someone very young as my size and features make me look as if I am 19 to 20 years old. This is especially difficult in a work environment since people don't take me seriously since they think i'm very young.

Kindly advise as to what can be the cause of this.

Thank you

From an Endocrinology stand point there seems to be nothing wrong. You can get tested for S.Testosterone levels just to be sure.
You seem to have small body frame - which is constitutional and unfortunately it is not possible to change. Going to gym is a good idea. It might take more than 3 months. Just be consistent and eat nutritious (protein rich food) and you will pickup some muscle mass. BUT make sure you are keeping a trimmed body . Lot of bulging muscles on a small constitutional body will not look good.

You will need to just give it sometime. Once the body ages a bit more, this should be better.
Again you do not seem to have any endocrinology health problems. The gynaecomastia (male breasts) will resolve once you loose some weight and gain muscle.

Hope this helps
Please feel free to ask followups
Thank you

Patient replied :

Dear Doctor,

how do I get tested for S.Testosterone? is there a blood test? and would I need a prescription?

You can go for an early morning S.Testosterone and FSH levels. Some labs do it without a prescription. It is better to contact the lab prior to the test as they may have specific instruction. Again this test is not very essential.

Thank you

Dr. J Muthukrishnan
Category: Diabetologist
1. 10th Asia-Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society  Fellows meeting, Seoul, Korea, Oct 2008
2. Eighth ICMR Course on Genetics and Genetic Counseling – Jul 2008 – SGPGI, Lucknow
3. Annual Certificate Course on Endocrinological Laboratory Techniques at National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR) Hyderabad,India, ( Aug-Sep 2006) 
Fellowship: Endocrinology, Diplomate of National Board, National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2008, Medwin Hospital, Hyderabad
Senior Residency: Diplomate of National Board (General Medicine), National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2002
Residency: MD, General Medicine, 1997-2000, Armed Forces Medical College, 2nd position in University
Medical School: MBBS, Armed Forces Medical College, 1992
Dr. J Muthukrishnan and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news