LEUKOCYTES and blood in DIP STICK TEST.BLADDER CANCER?

I have had a few bladder infections over the last year due to age (51) but I went to my GP because I thought that had another one and the urine test done in the office with a dip stick showed that i had trace of blood, Leukoytes, protein but negative for nitrite, so he said that it was not a UTI and has scared me, saying that it could be bladder cancer, so I am really panicking. My family and I are about to come on holiday to the states to visit relatives so I am not sure what to do as I cannot go back to my GP for 3 weeks. Should I see somebody in San fransico ? Do you think that it likely that I Bladder cancer ? I feel like its a UTI as my tummy feels achy and I need to pee all the time. I have just started a course of antibiotics . We have health insurance, so I could see somebody in the USA.
Please can you reassure me ! Many thanks

Category: Urologist

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
The very fact that you have abdominal discomfort along with increased frequency suggests that you are in all probability having UTI and you should improve with antibiotics.
You may have UTI even with nitrite negative. Stop worrying and enjoy your holidays.
Sincerely

Dr Rajiv Goel
MS (AIIMS), MCh (AIIMS), DNB ( Uro)

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998