Losing focus due to porn addict, excessiv masturbation.

I am a porn addict. I tried way more ways to stop but failed. Excessive mastuberation causes me losing focus. Plz help me

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

Thanks for using DoctorSpring.com for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Porn addiction requires a thorough assessment initially. Porn addiction requires medical an well as non-medical treatment. Among the medical options, naltrexone can be effective in reducing the usage. Sometimes, porn addiction can be a manifestation of depression and in that case,treatment with antidepressants like fluoxetine or escitalopram can be very effective. I would suggest a combination of fluoxetine 20mg and naltrexone 50mg initially. Further among the non-medical options, Cognitive behavioural therapy for the porn watching impulses is the first choice. This therapy is taken by either a psychologist or a psychiatrist in which the therapist identifies impaired cognitions (Thoughts) and try to correct them. There are 15-20 min weekly session and there should be around 8-10 sessions to help you with your illness. Further it is recommended to be social for the most time as possible and inculcate some hobby to distract yourself from the porn.
You need to meet a local psychiatrist to get the prescription medicines and get a referral to a psychologist for the CBT.
Hope this helps,
In case if you have any further query, do let me know.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Does it effect my body physics

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 3 Days.

CBT is the best option.
And no, it does not affect physique in any way.

Tnx for ur consideration....Medicines u referred ....wat does dis do

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 2 Days.

The medicines I mentioned, apart from the behavioral therapy, will help in reducing the cravings for porn, and automatically the addiction will go. It similarly works in OCD also.

Does it affect anything else ..I mean is Der any side effects or should I be cautious for anything

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 1 Day.

No, you will take it for a short duration, it won't cause any adverse drug reactions.

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.