Low body temperature with MRSA on CLINDAMYCIN.

I have recently gone though a huge sickness and finally got out of my wheelchair, lately (past few days I've been sick again but not as bad. I'm also very very depressed. My normal body temperature is in the high 97's to 98.2 or so. But every single time I've taken my temperature it reads 93.9. I have recently been diagnosed with mrsa and put on clindamiosin three times a day because it was so bad. They said I could not skip even one dosage for another month. But I haven't taken any. Why is my temperature so low, why am I sick? Help!

Category: Infectious Disease Specialist

You have MRSA infection and that itself could cause hypothermia. You need to start taking the medicines as this infection can spread rapidly and till you take the medicines, it is not going to settle down.
Depression, fatigue, loss of weight and appetite are all the part of the infection.
If you take Clindamycin properly, you will feel a lot better.