Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
I need some more information before I can help you.
1. Are you still having these symptoms?
2. Do you have fever?
3. Abdominal pain?
4. How are your bowel movements?
5. Any other medical illness like anemia, diabetes, hypertension etc?
Get back to me with these details.
Patient replied :
Hello Dr.R.K, answering your questions in order:
1) I still have a cough and a somewhat sore throat and I again woke up very thirsty and spat a lot of phlegm this morning. I also have felt somewhat dizzy for most of today, but I have no other symptoms.
2) I might have a fever; I can't really tell but I can at least say my forehead doesn't feel much different than the back of my hand. I don't feel thirsty anymore; I drank a lot of water (8 oz.) right after waking up.
3) No abdominal pain now and none before.
4) I have not had a bowel movement since the day before I threw up and it was normal at that time.
5) No other medical illness: no anemia, no diabetes, no hypertension, no allergies (that I know of), I don't smoke, I drank some alcohol on Saturday but none since then and I drink alcohol about once a month or less. No surgeries except for wisdom teeth several years ago, though I did donate blood seven days before throwing up.
Thanks for the additional information.
All these are nonspecific symptoms.
It is difficult to point out to any specific diagnosis.
Some of the possible causes are -
1. Food poisoning
2. Absence seizures
3. Hypoglycemic attack
4. Heart Rhythm abnormalities
5. Transient ischemic attack.
I would advise you to see your physician for evaluation. He might order for a few tests before he can come to a conclusion.
You can discuss with him about the possibilities I have mentioned.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.