Dark pigmentation of penis gland

Hi doctor ,

My penis glans has dark pigmentation.
Everything about my health is normal.

Just this coloration on my penis is troubling me.

It doesn't pain or burn there.

Is this normal ?? or it could be cancer ?? am very worried. Is it curable ??

I have attached a snapshot , please see.

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com.

I saw the picture that you sent, I have a few queries that I would like to ask you.

In the picture, there is a patch of los of colour on the glans penis. Is that what you are referring to? The surrounding pigmentation seems normal, there is no apparent dark pigmentation.

In case, you are referring to the dark pigmentation, could you tell me when did it start, how did it start and how did it progress and the treatment you have taken so far for it.

Thank you for responding to my query doctor.

I am not sure what should be the correct color of my glans , in some patches its pink & rest brown/darkbrown.

I searched the net and saw that everyone had a patch-free glans , so got worried about my situation.

The brownish pigmentation is there since quite long time. Earlier i took the pink patches to be my correct color & thought that the brown patches could be urine/sperm stains & ignored. Also Used to wash that area specifically daily , But they never went away.

My circumcision was done in 2004 when i was small and i remember my whole penis was bandaged including the glans , just leaving the small tip open. It was very swollen for few days and i also remember seeing watery blisters underneath my bandage on my glans.

But am not sure if these patches were there right after surgical procedure as am unable to recollect how my glans looked in following years post the surgery.

Till now i haven't taken any treatment for this color issue.
Also am a virgin.

I have attached a zipfile which contains 3 more snapshots - 1 taken from up & 2 taken from both sides..

Please have a look if it could help... thank you doctor...

There is loss of colour on the glans. It's termed as vitiligo.

The treatment for it would be application of pimecrolimus cream on the affected area twice daily.

You will need a prescription for the cream from your doctor.

The treatment for vitiligo would be a long term treatment and requires monitoring from your doctor.

The natural colour of the glans penis is dark, similar to shaft in circumcised individuals.