Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Lump coming out during defecation. Hemorrhoids?

Resolved Question:

I want to get advice on if what I have is hemorrhoids or something more serious. I have a lump that seems to come out when I deficate, it sometimes burns and bleeds. It has been like this since I was sick close to two weeks ago and I have been trying to home remedy it.

Im not over weight but I dont really eat healthy, I have a primarily sit down type job, and high levels of stress. After I have a BM, I dont have too much pain in the area.

Category: Urologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
 19 Doctors Online

Thank you for posting your medical query to
Before I provide advice on further management I would appreciate further details:

  1. Do you have any other symptoms? Fever, pain in testicles, nausea
  2. Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease? Gonorrhea, chlamydia or mumps? Orchitis (inflammation of one or both testicle) can occur most commonly due to a viral infection or be transmitted as a bacterial infection from epididymitis (inflammation of the coiled tube at the rear end of the testicle)
  3. It could be a spermatocele which is a cyst that develops in the epididymis and is filled with clear or milky fluid. Do you think that perhaps the case is that one testis has gotten bigger? (Versus your concern that one has grown smaller) By that assumption, it is perhaps a varicocele (where the veins of your scrotum) become enlarged.
  4. Do you remember any trauma to the area 2 years prior?
  5. Do you have any medical conditions? High blood pressure or diabetes
  6. Do you take any medication?
  7. Have you experienced any change in sexual function? Reduced desire or inability to ejaculate?
  8. Have you experienced any change in urinary habits?
We have also included the expert opinion of the Urologist who was consulted: I shall not be unduly worried the testis getting slightly smaller, softer and painful as compared to previously.
The testis is getting atrophic and you should get ultrasound scrotum with Doppler study to find out possible cause.
Kindly get back to us after an ultrasound is done.
Hope this helps,

Patient replied :

I have had one std before a year or so ago.was chlamidia.although probly 5 years ago I cut my leg snowboarding and a week later one of my testes got an infection,swelled to the size of an some medication to fix it not on any medication and it isn't really painfull,just seems to be half the size if the other one and it just feels like its softer and emptier.its not affecting my life really just seeing if it is common,

Both those incidents do not appear to explain your current situation. However, thank you for your detailed reply.
As explained by the urologist, in most likelihood, the testis is getting atrophic but to determine the exact cause for the atrophy a scrotal ultrasound with Doppler study will help. Kindly follow up when an ultrasound report is available.
Feel free to discuss further

Dr. Rajiv Goel
Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998
Dr. Rajiv Goel and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news