Lump on side of penis

Hey. I am worried about my penis. I just found a lump on the left side of my penis that has been there for two days now and hasn't went away. It is not hurting me or irritating me it's just there and worrieing me a lot. I havnt been sexually active in two years or so I do masterbait but that's it. I just need to know if I should be freaking out or is it normal?

Will it be possible for you to send me photograph of the swelling. You can securely upload it as a followup question.

Sorry I was having trouble sending it I just sent two pictures threw the email info@doctorspring.com

I just got a blank reply. Are you having trouble in uploading the picture ? If so please email it info@doctorspring.com a secure, Doctor only access email ID.

Thank you so much you've out my mind at ease. I had one last question, if one dose catch HIV or std would it show that they have it right away or in time ?

You need not worry about this swelling. This is a subcutaneous swelling most probably from a minor hair root bacteria or a insect bite. (Just like the ones we get over our body from a mosquito bite).

This should resolve itself in less than a week.

Feel free to ask followups / clarifications.

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 1 Day.

It varies :

HIV - It might not have sings for months to even years. But some people do get flu like symptoms, weightloss, diarrhoea etc.

Other STDs : Same, Herpes can present with lesions and without. Other STDs like Chalmydia, Candidiasis etc will mostly have symptoms. S

Bottomline is it may have symptoms, it may not have symptoms. That,s why STD testing is important if you have history of unprotected sexual exposure.