mental health helps in leading a happy

Hi, I have heard that positive mental health helps in leading a happy, healthy and long life. Can you reveal me secrets for maintaining healthy mental healthy for staying happy throughout my life?

Expert:  Dr. John Fuller replied 4 Days.

Thanks for your query.

First and foremost I would like to tell you that there is no certain thing called as positive mental health.  It’s just a relaxed and peaceful state of mind. One can easily obtain this state of mind by inculcating certain tips in your lifestyle. Some of such tips are mentioned below:

Healthy lifestyle is a pre-requisite to achieve positive mental health. Eating healthy food comes first in maintaining healthy lifestyle. Go for home-cooked food only. Avoid spicy and high calorie food items. Drink plenty of water in your everyday life. Try to have at least 8 glasses of water. Water wonderfully detoxifies your body which bears positive impact on mind. Give up bad habits like excessive drinking and smoking.

Stress is undoubtedly part and parcel of our lives. So whenever you are under stress, go for running or take a hot water bath, it will help you. 

Dr. John Fuller
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital