Itchy rash in arm. Is it due detergent?

A rash appeared on my arm about 12 days ago. It itches every now and then, but isn't too bad. The rash has not spread. I've been rubbing it with witch hazel and applying cortisone 10. I have switched to an off brand laundry detergent and am wondering if that's the cause. Although I assume it would be more widespread if the laundry soap was the cause.

Thank you for posting your query on DoctorSpring.com.

It seems like you have an allergy. It would be best to apply a stronger potency glucocorticoid other than cortisone.
A cream like Mometasone, applied just once a day will be helpful. You will need a prescription for this.

The allergy may be due to any irritating factor,most likely the new detergent.
In case of itching, you could take Tab. Claritin 10 mg, once at night, for 5 days.