Mistook CONCERTA for XANAX. How to sleep now?

I accidentally took my concerta tonight thinking I was taking my Xanax to fall asleep. What do I do to fix it so I can fall asleep? I left my Xanax pill at work and don't want to take any meds to sleep now for fear I will mix something.

Category: Psychiatrist

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Its ok even if you have by-mistakenly taken concerta at night. Mostly it wil not lead to any problem and you may still sleep well. If you have xanax with you, you may take your xanax as well.
Earlier it was strictly mentioned that concerta should not be used at night. However recent research has stated that giving concerta has improved the sleep quality as well.
So not an issue. Keep calm and take your xanax (if you have it with you) and try going to sleep.
Hope this helps,
If you have any further query, do let me know.
Kind regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.