Musculoskeletal pain.

so thursday afternoon i was just sitting down eating with matthew and i had this huge jolting shooting pain from my back to chest and back again- the pain was indescribable and hurt so bad it took my breath away ... after a minute or two was fine,, i continued with my day...
well friday i went to my dr more because i was worried... they said it seemed more muscular but i didnt have an ekg done... since friday ive had some slight discomfort in left shoulder blade and arm area... its making me nervous.. my activites have stayed the same and i even went bowling today... does this sound like a heart issue ?

Category: Cardiologist

Expert:  Dr. Vivek Mahajan replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at doctorspring.com

Are you hypertensive?
The pain that you describe is certainly not angina pectoris. Musculoskeletal pain is more likely. But it could be still pain related to aortic dissection.
Of course musculoskeletal pain or pain related to the spinal problem could be another possibility.

You should first get your bp measured. Alongwith a good clinical examination which measures bp in both upper limbs and lower limbs you should have a 2d echo examination.

If your doctor considers the possibility of aortic dissection then computed tomography of the aorta is a good investigation to be done.

Hope this helps, please feel free to discuss further.
Dr Vivek Mahajan
DM Cardiology

Dr. Vivek Mahajan
Fellowship: DM, Cardiology, PGIMER, 2013
Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, AIIMS, 2007
Internship: King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital, 2003 
Medical School: MBBS, Seth G.S. Medical College, 2002