Nausea, watery diarrhea, fever with low WHITE BLOOD CELL.

I had acupuncture for the first time 1.5 months ago and I became ill last week with what my doctor is calling a viral stomach flu. They know it's viral because of my white blood cell count (which was slightly lower than normal). While I was sick, I experienced nausea, watery diarrhea, minimal vomiting, possibly a fever while I was sleeping one night and these little red bumps developed a few days in on my elbows and fingers (both the same places) for a week (I'm still recovering though). I'm really worried that it could be more than just the stomach flu, such as HIV or hepatitis. The acupuncturist seemed clean and was located in a reputable area of NYC, but I noticed that she used a pack of needles that had previously been opened. They assured me that she only used part of the pack for the other client and none were reused (they're all single use) and she's apparently a clean needle technician. I saw the needles before the session started and they did not look used, the pack was just slightly open at the handle part. Now I'm just regretting having not demanded that she open a fresh pack in front of me, are these symptoms anything to be worried about in regards to these infections? Is transmission even possible with these kinds of needles? I've tead that HIV is quite fragile outside of a host so to me, even the off chance that the previous patient had HIV and the technician reused the needle, the infection would already be dead by the hour after it came near me.

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

HIV survives outside the body not more than 30 seconds. So, since it's already been 6 weeks from the exposure, you can go ahead and get the 4th generation test done ( antigen-antibody ) combo, however, the chances of HIV transmission from the exposure is miniscule, and there is nothing to worry. I am suggesting the test for your own satisfaction.