Negative HIV test months after sex. Am I negative?

Hello I was hoping for some clarification on these STD test results ( specifically for HIV ). Though my test results are negative it seems to be at the top of the range? Also the last time I had sex was 9 months and got tested for everything 9 months after the encounter because I know Hive can take 6 months to show up through testing. Am I definitely HIV negative, do I have anything to worry about?

Category: Infectious Disease Specialist

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I have gone through all your reports with diligence and i can assure you, you do not have HIV. In fact all other STDs have also been ruled out including chlamydia, gonorrhoea, and herpes. So please do not be worried about it. Even hepatitis has been ruled out.
The results values if negative are insignificant. Even if it close to 1.0, and is in negative range, it just shows your immunity level. Only if it is in between the equivocal or positive range, there is need for intervention. So again that is nothing to worry about.
Feel free to discuss any other queries,

Just to qaulify one more time (as im sure you can imagine not being sure if you have HIV is stressful to those who arent educated on reading lab results etc) I defenitely do not have HIV nor could i get it unless exposed to it again in other forms (sex, blood transfusion, needles, etc) ? Meaning i couldnt possibly have it now and it not show up through the testing i did (I did blood and urine) ?

I totally understand what you went through all these days.
Yes i want to reassure you once again that you don't have HIV and it has been ruled out completely. So please do not worry about it again. If it was there, it would have been positive. Mostly it starts showing at the end of first month itself, but for theoretical purposes we say that if everything is negative at the end of 3 months, then there is no chance of HIV. Your reports are after 9 months, so it has been completely ruled out in your case. You can afford to relax now.
And yes you can only get it if you're exposed to HIV in the future as you rightly said. Like having unprotected intercourse with someone who has HIV, receiving contaminated blood products, or through IV drug abuse thorugh infected needles.
Once again i reinforce YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV.