Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Occasional vision disturbances with headache. OCCULAR MIGRAINE?

Resolved Question:


I've been getting these occasional vision disturbances and I think it may be a type of ocular migraine but I am coming here to see if it sounds like an ocular migraine or something else.

It is a pretty scary episode because every once and a while my vision will unexpectedly get "warped" almost like I'm looking under water or through warped magnifying glasses. While this is happening I really can't focus on anything and I have to close my eyes until it passes. At the same time it feels like my eyes are drooping and about to roll back into my head but they appear to look normal on the outside. At the time it happens I've asked someone what my eyes look like and they say they look normal, pupils normal too. These episodes lasts for approx 30-60 seconds and then its over. But, it has happened twice within 20 minutes of each episode. I also get a bad headache after for the rest of the day. Then 1-3 months will pass before it happens again.

I have noticed however that they seem to occur around the time of my period. Either some days before or during my period. This is why I feel it could be a type of migraine. Also, both my mother and grandmother have had ocular migraines, but the ones they get do not have the same characteristics as mine.

I've been seen by an ophthalmologist and my exam was normal. I saw a neurologist last year for other issues I was having and I had an MRI of my brain last november that came back normal. My PCP wants me to go back to the neurologist for this issue but I thought to see what I could find out here.

Thanks for your help.

Category: Dermatologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
 23 Doctors Online

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 4 Days ago


Thanks for posting your query at

I can understand your concern.

This seems to be a case of dermatitis. I would recommend application of cortisone cream mixed with Mupirocin cream twice a day for a week.

Also you need to keep the skin moisturized daily by application of a moisturizing cream.

In case the condition worsens or you get deep cracks and bleeding it would be best to consult your dermatologist for further evaluation.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Take care


Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar
Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Diploma in Dermatology - Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow, UK , 2010
Residency - DNB, Dermatology -  K.J Somaiya Hospital, Mumbai, 2009
Medical School & Internship - MBBS - Dr. D . Y . Patil Medical College, Mumbai, 2004
Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news