Pain in chest relieved on massage, normal ECHO, ECG, XRAY.

Hi My name is Ramakrishna. Recently I have gone through all tests, like Blood tests, fasting, sugar,Chest X Ray, Echo Cardiogram, ECG. All my reports are normal except for Cholesterol. Cholesterol readings are as below. Cholesterol Oxidase - 208, Triglycerides - 301, HDL - 33, LDL- 123.3, VLDL - 60 20 *H, HDL Ratio - 6.3. I have been asked to keep an eye on my diet and physical fitness. I have some problem with GAS as well as sometimes it shoots up and gets some pain in my chest (sometime on right and sometimes on left) But since last one week I am having this pain on my left side. Its not very severe. Sometimes goes up and after some gentle massage it gets relieved. Just want to know is there any severity on this. Note: I had similar issue in 2013. I took an ECG that was reported normal and the doctor gave me some medicines(tablets) for GAS that relived my pain. Thanks and Regards, RK

Category: Cardiologist

Expert:  Dr. E. Satish Kumar replied 4 Days.

Dear Ramakrishna,
Thanks for your query at DoctorSpring.com
Going through your history, your high cholesterol can be controlled by lifestyle modifications like eating healthy foods, exercise and avoiding junk foods.
Since your pain subsided after taking some tabs as prescribed by your doctor suggest that it may be gastritis.
If in case you don't have any pain on walking, it may suggest that it is not related to heart, but to be sure you will require Tread Mill to rule out a heart problem. If TMT is normal suggest your heart is normal.
Dr Satish

Thanks Doc Satish. Pain was relieved after some time, but now again on and off it does occur. In fact when I was doing a walk today evening I have observed some pain in the chest.Do you suggest a TMT for this..?

Expert:  Dr. E. Satish Kumar replied 3 Days.

Going through your history , your high cholesterol can be controlled by life style modifications like eating healthy foods , exercise and avoiding junk foods.
If in case you don't have any pain on walking , it may suggest that it is not related to heart, but to be sure you will require Tread Mill to rule out heart problem . If TMT is normal suggest your heart is normal.
Dr Satish

Dr. E. Satish Kumar
Fellowship, Cardiology - Tamil Nadu Doctor M.G.R. Medical University - DNB, Cardiology, 2002 – 2005Training in Germany in Complicated AngioplastiesMedical School - Maharaja Krushna Chandra Gajapati Medical college, MBBBS MD, Int Medicine, 1989 – 1999.
Trained in Rota Abalation for treating Calcific coronary artery disease in Japan