Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Pain in penis

Resolved Question:

Hey Doctor, There is a lump at head area of my genital (penis). It can be squeezed. Please tell me what I should do. Also, I wanted to know about genital herpes. I have seen it in many pictures of herpes, but want a clear idea from you?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Internal Medicine Specialist
 32 Doctors Online

Sorry to hear about your problem but I should assure you that most of the men have such spots on or around their penis. It is not a sign of worry. Also, from your question it is not clear as to how exactly the lump looks like. If it is just a small spot that can be squeezed then you should not worry, it will heal sooner. In case it is big lump then you might as well consult your nearest doctor or any GUM clinic in your surrounding areas. If the lump on your penis is a big one then it can be a result of a sexually transmitted infection which is also known as genital herpes. You have seen various pictures of herpes,there you could see that the person having this infection develops ulcers and lumps which are very painful.This infection is spread usually by one sexual partner to another. There are millions of cases in the world where people are suffering from this infection. There is not a cure of this infection in case it becomes worst. Hence, it is required that you get yourself check up as soon a possible to curb the possibility of genital herpes. As evident by many pictures of herpes, this disease is highly painful. It is usually caused by people who are very much into having sex and they frequently change their sexual partners’ from time to time. Also, people having cocaine may develop this infection. Poor and uneducated people are also very often seen infection by this disease. Take care.

Dr. Steve Merris
Category: Internal Medicine Specialist
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center
Dr. Steve Merris and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news