Twitch, rumbling in stomach in morning, normal METABLOIC PANEL.

Hello I am a 26 year old male who has been suffering from a stomach issue, I have been experiencing a twitch on the left hand side when waking in mornings on my left hand side of abdomen right under rib cage of the left side. During the day I experience rumbling in my stomach on the left side after meals. I belch a lot most of the time it's self induced and pass gas quite often. The rumbling sometimes feels like trapped air and or gas on the left side(that's the rumbling) I feel like I have a hard time sleeping through the evening sometimes where I wake up belching like Acid Reflux? I suffer from anxiety and am under a lot of stress but I feel as if the anxiety doesn't induce it but worsens the symptoms when they do occur? Any advice and or help is greatly appreciated. The tests I've has so far is a complete metabolic panel were all the levels for my Thyroid and Magnesium levels came back normal. My current doctor subscribed me xanax for anxiety and I take tums when I feel the need. Stools are normal. No Diahrea.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
You have symptoms of increased intestinal gas and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
For relief from GERD, take prilosec once daily before breakfast for 4-8 weeks. Avoid coffee, citrus, chocolates, fatty food. Avoid eating large meals. Eat multiple smaller meals and go to bed 2-3 hours after food.
Increased gas could be due to infection or poor digestion. Get a stool analysis done to rule out infection. Note down the food items which worsen your symptoms and avoid them. Take a course of probiotics. Include yogurt in your diet.
I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr.R.K.

Ok thank you! I'm just very concerned about all of this, I've never had any of these issues my entire life! I have never suffered from any form of stomach issues ever, this came out of no where?! Granted I have been under a lot of stress. It's really weird though!

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 3 Days.

These can be considered more of lifestyle issues.
Stress would definitely worsen the symptoms especially GERD.
You can follow the advice I have given in my previous post.

Dr.R.K.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University