Pain on leg, ankle more on sitting. Treatment?

Began having left leg pain today while sitting..Pain concentrated on back side of leg behind the knee and traveling down shin bone to the ankle...I have also been having an extended "period". It is going on the third week. I don't know if the two are interrelated or not...I am obese and don't exercise. Sitting long periods of time for work...

I have had hypertension while pregnant and have had times where blood pressure was high, but not on any medication.,  

Have you ever had such extended / irregular periods ?
As such, obesity, lack of exercise and a sedentary lifestyle dont bode well for you, and you know that.
You are at increased risk of various medical conditions, such as hypertension, diabetes, strokes, blood clots etc.
The pain could be due to nerve pressure.
Keep moving your legs about , or walking every 30 minutes or so.
Drink enough water.
Also, make sure that you get your calcium and vitamin D levels tested.
Start exercising gradually.
Eat healthy.
For your periods, you need to consult an OB - GYN.
Go for an internal exam, a Pap smear, a pelvic ultrasound scan and hormonal levels ( FSH, LH, TSH are the minimum ).
If the pain persists in the legs, you would need to see and Orthopedic doctor to rule out nerve injury, arthritis etc.
All the best
please feel free to discuss further.

Thank you.. I understand all the things I should be doing...I guess at the moment my bigger concern is how to recognize if I have a blood clot in my leg. What type of specialist would I go to to rule in or out such a thing?
I slept through the night with minimal discomfort and am just getting around now. With a sedentary job it's difficult to walk every 30 minutes...Any suggestions?

K

With a sedentary job, you can flex and extend your ankles and calves every few minutes.
Rotate your ankles, squeeze your legs, keep the legs moving, even if you are sitting ??
To rule out a blood clot, you need to see your primary physician who will examine you , and if there is a risk, will refer you to somebody who will do a Colour Doppler of the leg to look for a clot.