Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Pain with bleeding after intercourse.

Resolved Question:

My partner and I were having intercourse and he penetrated deep inside making something inside me move and causing a piercing pain in my stomach and vaginal bleeding? Is this something I should be worried about?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 21 Doctors Online


It seems like you had a bout of dyspareunia with bleed.

Pain generally occurs when the penis presses against the cervix which is a very delicate structure. There can be associated bleeding if there is cervical erosion .It is a benign condition which occurs in a lot of women. It is also associated with oral contraceptive pills. Cervical pain can present as abdominal pain and is not a cause to worry. Nonetheless it's better to consult a gynecologist, to check if you have cervical erosions.

Here are my recommendations-

1) Try changing position while you have sex if a particular position causes more pain.

2) Consult a gynecologist for the possibility of cervical erosions. Retroverted uterus (Uterus turned the other way).

3) Stop Oral contraceptive temporarily if you are taking any as it causes erosions. Try other forms of contraception.

4) Follow a healthy diet with emphasis on green leafy vegetables as it improves the cellular architecture of the cervix and vagina.

Thank you.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news