Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

pea sized lump on my right testicle

Resolved Question:

I found a pea sized lump on my right testicle. It hurts a little when i put pressure on it and than the pain lingers for a little. Every once in a while i get a feeling in it that isnt really pain just a feeling. Does it sound like cancer?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 28 Doctors Online


Lumps on testicle may be due to many causes and testicular cancer is one of the rare but important causes. Most of the lumps are harmless. Although any abnormal lump observed on self examination must be brought to doctor's notice.

Lump in testicular cancer is usually painless. Other signs to be noticed are if the lump is growing, any associated abdominal pain or any lymph node swellings in the groin (inguinal) region. An epididymal cyst due to collection of fluid in the tubule of testes called epididymis can present as painless lump and is called spermatocele when it is filled with sperms. They are harmless and do not require any treatment.

Varicocele due to enlarged vein of the pampiniform plexus of veins in scrotum can present as palpable swelling. Varicocele may grow slowly and sometimes effect sperm production. It may cause a mild dragging type of feeling or pain. Small varicoceles are usually left alone and surgery is required in cases of large and symptomatic varicoceles.

Excessive fluid accumulation due to secretions from covering of testes called tunica vaginalis or due to blockage of inguinal lymph channels draining scrotum can present as swelling in testes. This is called hydrocele and is often painless. Hydrocele can occur due to trauma, infection or cancer and should be examined. Surgery may be required in enlarged hydroceles. Scrotal skin has sebaceous glands which may get infected or blocked and present as small lumps in the skin. These sebaceous cysts may get painful and pus filled at times.

I suggest you to have a doctor consult for testicular examination to evaluate the lump. Although rare, any abnormal lump on testicles must be checked for testicular cancer.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news