Persistent LIGHTHEADEDNESS due to INFLAMMATION OF INNER EAR?

I have been having a persistent lightheaded feeling recently. Around two weeks. I feel like it is difficult to concentrate sometimes as well. I went to ER. EKG and vitals normal, lytes were a little low but they felt it was from over hydration (was drinking more fluids since it seemed to help symptoms), magnesium was 1.8. They did not seem concerned. Gave IV fluids and sent me home to follow-up with my regular doctor. I saw him the next day. He did not seem concerned either. Thought maybe related to my TMJ and inflammation in the inner ear. Any thoughts? I am really worried it is something more serious like a brain tumor.

Hello. Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I will start by reassuring you that it is not brain tumor. If it was there would be other severe symptoms. So kindly do not be worried.
Did you get your BP checked? Some people are prone to postural hypotension, and they keep developing light-headedness. Did you get your hemoglobin level checked? Yes the inflammation in the inner ear can present with persistent light headedness and vertigo. Did he examine your inner ear? Did he give you any medicines?
If the inner ear inflammation is secondary to an infection in the ear, amoxycillin/ ciprofloxacin drops can be used to treat the infection and even the inflammation will come down. Do you have any ear pain/ discharge? Kindly give more history for me to be able to guide you further.
Please do not be worried. It definitely does not seem to be anything serious.

Thank you for the information. No they did not examine my ears. I was not given any medications to take other than some magnesium. I have access to a BP cuff so if I have a more severe episode I will take it at that moment. I also bought a glucometer to see if blood glucose is contributing. They did not indicate there was any issues with my CBC. I know they ran one. I am also getting an eye exam today to rule out any problems there. I really hope to sort this out so I can feel normal again. This is such a scary and uncomfortable feeling.

Hello. Thank you for posting your follow up.
In the previous question, you mentioned that the doctor said it could be due to inflammation of inner ear. I'm slightly confused. How did he say that without examining your ear?
Yes persistent light headedness can be due to hypotension, hypoglycemia, anemia, and also inner ear problems. If your CBC is fine, then anemia can be ruled out completely. Sometimes even change in the vision can lead to a persistent light headedness and headache. So it's a good thing you're getting your eye examined. Let me know your blood glucose, and your BP value. Also let me know what the ophthalmologist is saying.
Please do not be worried, this does not seem anything serious. I can understand your anxiety though.
Let me know all the details what i asked for,