Pimples and weight gain

Good day,

I have experiencing some changes within the past 6-10 months. I noticed I have gotten light acne all over my face, which is really unusual. Also, I have been waking up with migraines in the morning. They range from severe to mild. This has been lasting for about 8 months. Also, I have putting on weight within the last 4 months. Im not sure if these all are related?

I have cut down on alcohol, and eating much healthier. I started taking multivitamins as well. I bought new firmer pillows, and workout about 4-5 days a week for an hour and a half. I saw a facialist and she recommended me to get a chemical peel.

I do work a lot, use sleep aids, and I was using laxatives to help with constipation but stopped using them for about 2 months.

I am frustrated, please help!

I have gone through your medical history and to summarise you chief concerns are the weight gain, migraine like headache, and pimples over the last few months. I would like to know some additional details from you so that I can provide a solid and learned opinion.
You can reply as a followup

1. How often do you have these headaches ? Every day / alternate days / once a week ?
2. For how long does this headache lasts ?
3. Do you any colours or lights or rings with this headache ? Do you have any nausea or vomiting ?
4. Do you have regular menstrual cycle with normal flow ?
5. Are you stressed / anxious or overly worried about something in personal life or work ?
6. Do you always feel hot or cold ?
7. Do you have any visual symptoms ? Like trouble in seeing one side etc ?

1. How often do you have these headaches ? Every day / alternate days / once a week ? alternate days

2. For how long does this headache lasts ? well into lunchtime if I dont take a pain reliever

3. Do you any colours or lights or rings with this headache ? Do you have any nausea or vomiting ? no, occasional nausea

4. Do you have regular menstrual cycle with normal flow ? yes

5. Are you stressed / anxious or overly worried about something in personal life or work ? yes

6. Do you always feel hot or cold ? varies

7. Do you have any visual symptoms ? Like trouble in seeing one side etc ? wear glasses regularly, but nothing abnormal with my vision

The three issues does not seem to be related, but these could be triggered by stress or anxiety. The headache pattern is suggestive of Migraine headaches. You can take an OTC pain medication like Tylenol or a Migraine specific medication like Sumatriptan (Imitrex) 25 mg (1-2 tablets) when there is pain under the guidance of your Doctor. The headache should resolve in 1 month or so. If it still persists it will require further evaluation.

In view of the pimples and weight gain it is better to get a Thyroid Function tests, Complete blood count done. Keep the face clean and oil free. Cut down the fat and oil in the diet. You will require an antibiotic like Benzoyl peroxide or macrolides to be applied on the face. (or in some cases retinoids, after assessing the treatment response. )The extra Kgs can be shed by moderate diet control and aerobic exercise. Menawhie do let me know the blood test results