Pimples not decreasing but in summer the number of PIMPLES is increasing.

Good morning. I have skin problem that i have pimples on my back side of body, since 3 years i have been suffering from these pimples. Through out the year the number of pimples is not decreasing but in summer the number of PIMPLES is increasing, but I don't know the reason for this. Kindly tell me the treatment for this problem.

Hello, Thank you for asking your query at DoctorSpring.

From your symptoms it points out to be Acne Vulgaris.

Acne vulgaris has many treatment available. But, before that its important you keep your face dry. Acne vulgaris being a bacterial infection of sebaceous glands, you should as much try to prevent your face from becoming oily. Change your face creams if required.

There are many over the counter drugs available. Lotions that contain sulfur, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, resorcinol as active ingredient are the ones you should be looking for. But, If your acne doesn't respond to OTC treatments, you will need drugs that are not available over the counter, therefore you need to see a dermatologist. He will give you Tretinoin or Tazarotene.

Even if the above doesn't work, you will need to go for oral antibiotics like clindamycin alongside the topical application of benzoyl peroxide lotion.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask follow-up questions