Pimples, rash in stomach and shoulder. Cause?

My daughter is 25 years old. About two weeks ago she had what appeared to be pimples on her abdomen. She thought the pimples may have been caused by an increase in chocolate and sugar during the holidays. The pimples have moved to her side and shoulder. They do not itch and are not painful. Other than post nasal drip she has no other symptoms. She does work with little children at our church and her dog sleeps with her at night. The dog is an inside dog and only goes out to use void.

Do you have any idea what the pimples/rash might be?

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I have noted your symptoms. I agree that these symptoms point to a neurological disease and needs further evaluation.
A neurologist review should be obtained and further investigations such as MRI scan of brain should be done. MRI of spine was normal, which is a good news.
Predominantly left-sided symptoms point to a pathology/disease on the right side of brain. Common conditions to exclude would be a demyelinating illness (such as multiple sclerosis) and ischemia (lack of blood flow to the brain).
I agree that you are anxious, however, your symptoms can not be explained purely on the basis of anxiety.
I hope it helps.
Best wishes,
Dr. Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995