Popping or cracking of groin

hi i am 28 years old but for a few years now , my groin seems to crack or sort of pop often when I stretch or sometimes I do it by raising my knee outward because I get a slight pain if its not cracked . Its mostly happens on right side Probably 4 or 5 times a day depending on how active ive been should this concern me?. its only a slight uncomforatble pain. Probably a 4 out of 10. 10 being the worst. My elbow also needs cracking at times when feels slightly tight in joint. (Right side also)

I need some additional information from you so that I can provide my best opinion.

1. May I know where exactly do you get the crack / pop feeling. As in over the sitting bone,/ near the vagina / over the upper hip / side (specific location)

2. Do you have any early morning stiffness ?

3. Do you have pain in any other joints (including the small joints of fingers)

4. When do you have the scale 4 pain. Time of the day / typical scenario etc

You can reply as a followup.

Hi Dr Spring, the pain is in the joint between my inner thigh and pelvis so im assuming my pelvis bone is what's cracking. I get morning stiffness occasionally. Also I tend to sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs or on my stomach with one knee raised (like slighlty out and up ). This is merely for comfort. which would possibly limit the chance of pain or cracking anyway ?.the only other joint stiffness I get is in my right elbow which is more like a pain scale of 2 . My elbow is stiff only when ive had it bent or been writing for a while thus I feel the need to crack it by straightening my arm and sort or of twisting my whole arm , palm towards me while arm is straight. The groin/pelvis pain is after walking or running for a while/activity or sometimes when my legs have been crossed for too long or simply knees together too long. I do have regular back pain as I have large breast and pain is usually in right shoulder/neck area especially around time of period. Hope this is helpful

Thank you for the additional details.

I have discussed your consult with our team Rheumatologist. The groin pain you have described is non specific. By non specific we mean that the pain is not diagnostic of a single condition. However in view of the occasional morning stiffness, the elbow pain, groin pain and family history a baseline blood test is recommended.

You can get a complete blood count, CRP, AntiCCP and ANA test done in consult with your GP. For the time being you can take a pain medication like Ibuprofen OTC 400mg twice a day for 3-4days. Do some mild stretching exercises. If the cracking / pain persists get in touch with your GP and get the blood tests done.

Since you had a significant weightloss, there will be loss of some fat padding / cushioning which can cause cracking and pain in joints. This is most likely explanation for your symptoms.

Also, do track your blood sugar status by doing a FBS(Fasting Blood Sugar) and HbA1C periodically.