Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Premature ejaculation and erection

Resolved Question:

Hello doctor, I am 30 years old female and my husband is 34 years old. We arecurrently residing at Gujarat, and have been living here for last 7 years.My question is for my husband who has been suffering from premature ejaculation. We never had sex for the last one month because of his problem. My husband would not discuss to a doctor about his premature ejaculation .Because he feel shame on it, but it nuisances him deeply. He has two problems associated with it. One is, he can but it does not last over a minute literally and others sometimes he can’t get erect.  He is adipose at 209Ibs and 5’8’’and he causes lifted cholesterol. The doctor he usually consults told it is not dreadfully high but a bit elevated so he looks out his diet better.  I will also control him in his food. To help himself to lose weight as well as me, now he is going to be a workout partner for me also. These all are following for over a year but anything seem to be happened. What should I do? Is there any way to solve this problem? Does it need any consultation of a physician? I amwaiting for your sincere reply and thank you for your pleasure time.

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 28 Doctors Online

Thank you for question, it is really unfortunate to know that, your husband have been suffering from premature ejaculation. I really wonder on your concern about your husband’s problem. Don’t get anxious.  First of all I am telling you that premature ejaculation is more physiological than physical. Emotions such as depression, stress, and unhappiness also play an important role in erection problem. Along with it, factors like injury and other underlying conditions also affect premature ejaculation and erection. Sometimes erection occurs as a side effect of pravastatin. It is better to talk or consult his problem with his family doctor regarding his erection problems. There are some lifestyle changes and diets that may help him to reduce cholesterol levels and his weight for better results. He can make some change in his diet with plenty of fish, fruit, whole grains and vegetables completely which encourage heart health on with more soluble fiber, found in vegetables, oatmeal, fruits and beans. Reduce on cholesterol and fat from dairy products and meat as much as possible. You should also advise him to avoid smoking and alcohol none other than other substances and the good continuation of the workouts would certainly help with time. Your husband also needs to try jogging, walking or bike riding if possiblefor at least half an hour and two times or three times in a week, to help with his heart health and weight reduction.If these measures do not seem to work, your husband may see his family doctor for further evaluation of your cause. They can help in suggesting remedies in the form of medicine or some other method. Thank you for your concern and wish you all the best.

Dr. Cecelia J. Russ
Category: Family Physician-GP
- Medical School - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center, Residency in Family Medicine
Dr. Cecelia J. Russ and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news