Progressive back and joint pain after child birth.

Hi. I have progressing back and joint pain since the birth of my second son 2.5 years ago. It started as flares in my hips, knees, ankles, and wrists. Then my lower back was affected, now it is also my entire back (most pain in mid back), and stiff hands have developed as well. I have one kidney and no diagnosis so am unable to get any help. I have received percocet on a few occasions and it helped a lot. But am currently having to take 2 doses of advil daily (2 x 1600mg = 3200mg per day) for minimal relief. I am hoping for some more insights or direction on how to get some help.

Category: Orthopedic Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your medical query to DoctorSpring.com
So 1 week prior you feel on your elbow and since then have pain located in your wrist. It doesnt appear from your description that there is a fracture since you would have been in excruciating pain, the hand would be too painful for even minor movement and there would be obvious bruising and swelling.
I would recommend that you take an X-Ray to rule out the possibility of a dislocation. If the bones forming the elbow joint are dislocated they could produce some of the symptoms you described or you may have also landed on your wrist and not realised it. Kindly reply with an upload of an X-Ray which will guide further management. In the meanwhile, I would advise a crepe bandage and using a topical muscle rub cream. You can buy any topical analgesic pain relief cream which is available of the counter
Dr. Mukesh Tiwari

Dr. Mukesh Tiwari
Fellowship - Khandaka Hospital, Jaipur
Residency - MS, Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur, 2000
Medical School, Internship - MBBS, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, 1995