Psoriatic Arthritis.

I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis 7 years ago. Been on enbrel, remicade and humara and they don't work. I feel like I have been misdiagnosed. My symptoms are extreme fatigue, and pain all over. I have memory loss and trouble sleeping. I'm always running a fever and my body feels like I'm burning. The worst is that the sun seems to aggravate everything. Can you help me?

Category: Rheumatologist

Expert:  Dr. Bimlesh Dhar Pandey replied 4 Days.

Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring with your query.
I have gone through your case and understand your query.
What you are experiencing seems to be drug induced lupus. The drugs you are taking belong to the anti TNF group of drugs which are used to treating psoriatic arthritis. They are known to cause drug induced lupus and demyelinationg disease of the CNS and lack of vitamins make it even worse.
I would advise you to do the following tests
1) ANA by immunoflorescence
2) Serum Vit D3 and Vit B12 levels

Depending on these tests results further decisions can be taken in your treatment plan.
I hope this has helped.
Please feel free to follow up with further queries.
Thankyou

Dr. Bimlesh Dhar Pandey
Senior Residency: Rhematology, All India Institute of Medical Schiences, New Delhi, 2009
Post Graduate, Junior Residency: MD (Internal Medicine), Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Jharkhand, 2006
Residency: Physiology, Institute of Medical Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 2003
Internship: Government Medical College, Trichur, 2001
Medical School: MBBS, Calicut University, 2001