Query about masturbation and its side effects.

Dear Dr,
I am Arun, Age:28.I am really facing a problem with a serious issue. I do Masturbate 2 to 3 times weekly for almost 16 yrs. Now,My Parents are forcing me to marry but i am almost worried whether Masturbation for 16 yrs affects fertility or which can lead to impotence?. I don't Smoke or Drink either.Will it affect my life after Marriage ie...Sex life,Conception,child etc

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

Thanks for choosing Doctor Spring for posting your queries.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Masturbation is a safe way of expressing ones own sexual desires. It leads to no physical or mental problems if done even for 16 years at 2-3 times a week . The sperms and semen which are formed in the body are meant to come out of the body. They cannot be accumulated in the body and like urine they are formed in the body and are thrown out. They may come out on having sex or during masturbation. If you are indulging in none of these then the sperms and semen will come out at night by self (night fall) or routinely during any sexual stimulation. This is a normal phenomenon and will not cause any harm to you. Masturbation is safe and will cause no harm.

Your earlier habit of masturbation has nothing to do with your further sexual competency and sexual potency. I am sure you would be a good sexual partner and you should go ahead with the marriage plans.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Thanks doctor for respond...Does Masturbation for long term will affects Sperm Count or Sperm motility which create a problem in sex life ? or can create problem in kidney or liver? in future

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 3 Days.

Thanks for the follow-up query.
No. masturbation will not cause any problems with sperm count, sperm motility, or any problems in kidney or liver.
You can assured about that.
regards

Dr,I feel that While Erection, my reproductive organ bents towards left side of some angle,why it bents and does it leads to Some Problem ? and also Some times during erection, lower back pain occurs.Does it Create severe Problem for my body.

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 2 Days.

Slight deviation of the penis is normal and nothing to worry. It wont lead to any problem.
Regarding the back pain, there should be no relation between the erection of the penis and the back-ache. If it occurs frequently then probably you need to show that to a physiotherapist who would like to advise you some back exercises. Again there is nothing much to worry.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Thanks Dr. Now I got relieved. I'm happy about it. I'm planning to marry within this year, so please give suggestions regarding Conception,How many days interval does i have to do intercourse with my Partner? any other important things/tips for successful conception.

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 1 Day.

It was nice to know that my advice was helpful to you.
Well its an individual choice but speaking as a psychiatrist dwelling in psycho social problems day in and day out , it always advisable to let your marriage have some time to strengthen your relationship before you proceed with the conception and responsibility of rearing a child. Its a big responsibility and the commitments are not very easy. Unless you understand each other well, there can be pressures and tensions. It would be wise to postpone it by an year after marriage.
Regarding the frequency of conception, get a frequency of 2-4 days a week and that should be sufficient. Anything more than that is also good.
No specific tips except for doing the sexual act regularly and staying stress free.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.