Rash below nose. Is it COLD SORE?

I see a rash above my mustache below nose, and I am worried if it is a cold sore (herpes) or a pimple. I didn't have sex with anyone or even kissing. I saw it pop up today morning and I am not sure what it is. I went to a massage parlor yesterday and I am not sure if I am infected from the table or cloths or something or from the person who gave me the massage. Can you help me? Am I at risk?

Thank you for your consult at DoctorSpring.com.

I am one of the in-house physicians at DoctorSpring. Your consult has been assigned to a STD Specialist. Meanwhile, I request you to upload high resolution images of the concerned area, a zoomed out view of the affected area.. They will help with the diagnosis. You can upload them as follow-up.

Wish you good health!

In-house Physician,
The DoctorSpring Team.

Hi Doc,
Did you see the picture, I have uploaded it? I didnt hear from you for last 8 hours. I can upload again.

You can upload the picture once again. Try to send a zoomed picture directly to info@doctorspring.com
Once the specialist replies, the answer will be edited in the follow up.

Attaching the picture.

Thanks for the pics.

It seems to be a bacterial infection of the skin called folliculitis.

Herpes simplex would have presented with a cluster of fluid filled blisters.

I would recommend application of mupirocin cream twice a day on the area.

I have burning sensation around my lips as well as tonsilitis, is it related? I have running nose in later part of the day and woken up with some what stuffy nose. I am getting worried now.

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 1 Day.

Burning around the lips and tonsilitis are not related. Stuffy and runny nose could be a co-incidence or it could be a prodrome of a viral illness, not necessarily Herpes.
Herpes presents with a cluster of fluid filled blisters and in your case I do not see that.
However, if you find a cluster of painful blisters, it's best to treat it with oral anti-viral called Valacyclovir under the care of your doctor.