Rashes more in evening, sneezing with ALLERGY. Treatment?

Hello Doctor, I got some allergy for more than a month now and its become very difficult for me. It started with sneezing 5 to 6 times (along with cold like symptoms) in the morning and after a week there were few occasional rashes. The rashes are more during the evening/night and are pretty less during day time. I had consulted a dermatologist who asked me to take Montek LC and Methyl Prednisolone (Medrol 4mg) for week, medication was till 30th June. Now then all the rashes stopped completed for more than a week but now it has come back with Vengeance.

Only coincidence I see is that my sneezing started couple of days back and that's when the rashes also came, the medication got over on 30th June.  Moreover these rashes goes off in couple of hours, no marks or scars present. I never had any history of allergies before and I'm now 38 years old patientold.

Following are things I checked.
1. Changed the diet, no wheat, no gulten and packed good. Seemed no difference
2. No deo/Perfume. No difference
3. Changed soap to Zyndet. No difference
4. Tried avoiding non-veg food, still no difference.

Today evening after bath the rashes came back on my buttocks, neck and hip area. Its itching and I had to apply Caladyrl lotion. I don't think tts the water since I had the rashes when I went to my home town aswell.

Another thing I wanted to mention was that I had some sort of insect bite (although there were no visibile bite marks) on my leg 3 weeks back (mid June) and there was itching on that area but no rashes. It was on my toe and it got bit swollen and everything was fine after a day. The itching and swelling made me think it could be an insect bite. I had occasional rashes even before the insect bite and the sneezing and cold like symptons started around mid May. After a week of the insect bite the occasional rashes become regular and worse and thats when I consulted a doctor who prescribed the above medication.

Does the insect bite got any coincidence with it? What medication should I take to get rid of the allergy? Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Kalpana Pathak replied 4 Days.

I have seen the report and images attached. It looks like urticaria but as its usually preceded by sneezing, it could be allergic in nature. Now this allergy could be due to dust, pollen, mites, animal hair etc. As far as changing food habits are concerned, please avoid sour fermented food, pickles,sea food, foods with preservatives etc. Insect bite is associated with urticaria but that usually presents within few hours of insect bite.
Your blood report is normal, however Neutrophils are slightly raised which could be an indicator of acute onset infection like fever, cough etc.
In urticaria we should continue antiallergics atleast for three to four weeks. I would not advocate use of methyl prednisolone unless urticaria is too severe or refractory to antiallergic. So right now I would advise that you may startctaking tablet desloratidine 10 mg once in morning and teczine m or montair lc in night for two to three weeks. If no response is there in three to five days then please get back to us for follow up.
Hope this helped.

Thank you doctor.
Its been 3 days since I've started taking the medication that you prescribed and the rashes disappered the first day only. Since you have mentioned that the allergy could be related to dust, now I remember that this all started when a huge apartment construction started opposite to my house. The area is very dusty now with sand and cement dust. So I suppose this allergy could be related to the dust right?

Expert:  Dr. Kalpana Pathak replied 3 Days.

Yes, this kind of reaction is common with dust allergy.
I am glad you got better.

Dr. Kalpana Pathak
M.D. from Pt. B D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak in 2011 with Haryana State Dental & Medical Council
M.B.B.S from MLN medical college allahabad in 2006 with Uttar Pradesh Medical Council