Reason for cold, headache, sorethroat and pain around eyes.

persisting symptoms of a cold, head ache, pain in the forehead and around the eyes, fatigue, sore throat

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.
I have gone through your symptoms. It seems likely that you are suffering from a viral Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (URTI) predominantly involving the sinuses. Congestion of the sinuses causes headache. Pain in the forehead and around eyes indicates involvement of the frontal and ethmoidal sinuses.
In order to give my best opinion, I would require some additional details.
1. Please mention your age.
2. Since when are you experiencing these symptoms?
3. Do you have any fever? Any swollen nodes in the neck? Any cough?
4. Any sensation of phlegm at the back of your throat that makes you want to constantly clear your throat?
5. What treatment have you taken for your symptoms?
Please reply to the above in the follow up.

Meanwhile please take the following measures.
1. Carry out steam inhalation every morning once, as soon as you wake up and 1-2 times in the day whenever it is convenient. This will relieve nasal and sinus congestion and provide symptomatic relief. Also perform warm salt water gargling, after every meal for relief from the sore throat.
2. Please take OTC Ibuprofen 400 mg, twice a day with food, for the pain.
3. Also take OTC Pseudoephedrine 60 mg, thrice a day, to relieve congestion.
4. The OTC tablet Claritin 10 mg, once a night can be taken to reduce secretions.
Feel free to ask queries.

Thank you for your reply.
I am 30 years old. It started 2 weeks ago. Was in Brazil for a professional trip. I was in a World Cup match and got really sweat and then was at a highly airconditioned area. Next morning I was already not feeling well. I had fever the first 2 days. afterwards no fever at all. I had a very strong sore throat the first week. Now it is much better buit still cough a lot. I don't have any sensation of phlegm at the back of your throat that makes you want to constantly clear your throat.
So far I have been taking a Collunosol-N spray for the throat and Rinosedin.
Do you think I need any antiobiotics?

A friend of mine has told me that the whole thing is maybe due to over-fatigue....Is there such a possibility as well?

I should aso mention (don't kbnow if this is of any relevance) - 7 years ago I was diagnosed with an osteoma (inside the forehead). The odctors always said that this is nothing to worry about and I just need to monitor it from times to times. I used to monitor it on a yearly basis and everything was always ok - never experienced any pain or problems. I haven't checked it for the last 2 years....do you think that this have anything to do with the pain in the forehead (so far I never hd any pain or symptoms related to this osteoma)....

Many thanks for your help.

Thank you for the additional information.
Your symptoms are suggestive of a persistent URTI with predominant sinusitis. There is no possibility of "over-fatigue" causing your symptoms. Fatigue can aggravate symptoms but you have an infection which is the underlying cause.
Osteomas are benign (harmless) tumors and if its asymptomatic, like in your case all these years, requires no treatment. It is unlikely to have caused the headache since you have clear infection which can lead to your symptoms. Since a cold preceded your headache, it is highly unlikely that the osteoma has anything to do with this.
As of now, you do not require antibiotics. I would suggest that you carry out the measures which I had suggested in my previous reply, for 3 days. In addition, please take an OTC cough syrup like Mucinex, 5 ml, thrice daily.
If after 3 days, there is no improvement, you need to consult an ENT specialist for examination and further treatment, including antibiotics if required.
I hope this was helpful.

Thank you very much for your help!!

Hello. Thank you for writing us again.
I am glad i could help you.
Let us know if you need further assistance.