Reason for pain in knee, nerve pain, negative rheumatology test.

Dr Mukesh has answered some of my questions sort of. I am making this a new question. It seems even though my bloods are clear of rheumatology etc the pain in my knee and ankle and nerve pain that travels up the back of my thigh may still be rhematism. The tingling is stress / in my head. The rash i need to see a dermatologist for. This question will focus on the rash on both my feet. Small raised, rough brown lumps that do not hurt or itch and showed up a few weeks ago. What is this?

Expert:  Dr. Kalpana Pathak replied 4 Days.

Thanks for writing to us.
I have seen the attached images. These brown slightly raised asymptomatic lesions could either be stucco keratosis or plane warts. The definite diagnosis can be easily made by examining the lesion clinically. In both the cases treatment somewhat remains same. These can be treated by cryotherapy, electrocautery, curettage etc.
Sometimes we also prescribe salicylic acid solution to be applied over lesion as home therapy. However it can lead to slight hyperpigmetation at the treated site.

Hope this helped.

That is interesting. They do not bother me as in no discomfit. What would cause them? Are they likely to get worse? Any change they evenutally just go away?

Expert:  Dr. Kalpana Pathak replied 3 Days.

These lesions may increase in size and number over a period of time. If its stucco keratosis, you can leave it as its just a benign skin growth thats seen as we age. If its plane wart, it should be definitely treated as its a viral infection.
No home therapy or medicine would help.

Hope this helped.

Dr. Kalpana Pathak
M.D. from Pt. B D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak in 2011 with Haryana State Dental & Medical Council
M.B.B.S from MLN medical college allahabad in 2006 with Uttar Pradesh Medical Council